The Covid Jab Jive: a gentle reminder

Public health is not about individuals but about large numbers of people. There are always side effects with anything we introduce into the body, whether that's a vaccine, food, oral medication, etc. Patients and physicians must weigh the benefit-cost equation when considering whether a proposed med should be used, or not.
Paradox V.

My microbiology professor was one of the test subjects in 2020 for the Moderna vaccine. I trust his education, knowledge, and experience over that of Internet/popular media ppl with axes to grind.

My take on vaccines: If you don't believe in them, don't want one, are afraid of them -- fine, don't get any. But for the love of dog please don't try to dissuade others who want to protect their own health and that of others.
'Expert' worship. Attempted proof by anecdote.

A point the anti-vaxxers never bring up. Note that most anti-vaxxers are also anti-maskers and walk around coughing their germs upon everything within range. They don't care if a person is immuno-compromised, elderly or too young to have a vaccination.

The mRNA shots require babies to be 6 months or older. The Novavax has a minimum age of 12 years old....not that the anti-vaxxers give a fuck.

Paradox V. Paradox M.
Why are you proud of your Drug Habit?

MAGA isn't a person, Sybil. Paradox V.
Awesome. I knew you couldn't stop yourself for long, son. Severely mentally ill people can't control their impulses.

MAGA isn't a person, Sybil.

Mantra 1d. Inversion fallacy. I am not your son, Sybil.
QED on your OCD.

Did you ask your mom about the airshows in the 80s? I could have several sons and daughters in their 40s by now. Isn't that your age, son?

Mantra 1d. Inversion fallacy.

That fact that I was 65 when the mRNA vaccines came out and the problems were with young men? Sure, TC, I was "scared". LOL
Do some research beyond your usual sources, chuckles. It seems you have a penchant for ignoring what you don't like.

Let me clarify things for you: I am NOT saying that the mortality rate for all the jabs is high. What I am pointing to is to the growing evidence (and fatalities) that are increasing long term for recipients. And remember, you're dealing with vaccines that did (and are) NOT meet the usual vetting process the FDA enforces on ALL drugs and vitamins. The "emergency exemption" for such is STILL active.

So while I'm glad you are okay, there are those of your age (and younger) who are not. Statistical percentages that would NOT be accepted under "normal" situations (ex: recall of Merck drug Vytorin) seem to have been waved or reduced. It is what it is.

Do some research beyond your usual sources, chuckles. It seems you have a penchant for ignoring what you don't like.

Let me clarify things for you: I am NOT saying that the mortality rate for all the jabs is high. What I am pointing to is to the growing evidence (and fatalities) that are increasing long term for recipients. And remember, you're dealing with vaccines that did (and are) NOT meet the usual vetting process the FDA enforces on ALL drugs and vitamins. The "emergency exemption" for such is STILL active.

So while I'm glad you are okay, there are those of your age (and younger) who are not. Statistical percentages that would NOT be accepted under "normal" situations (ex: recall of Merck drug Vytorin) seem to have been waved or reduced. It is what it is.
All cause mortality is now and has long been running 13-15% above normal, and cant by explained by COVID......the jabs almost have to be the cause.

They have already killed many multiples of those they saved, with no relief in sight.

Tacky isn't being forced to take any shots.
Why is he obsessed with what others do?

During the height of the pandemic, sure....
if you took Tacky's position and didn't get your shots, you were essentially a social criminal.
I'd have had no problem with shooting them.

Now that new strains of Covid are just another type of bad cold for MOST PEOPLE (not all),
just do whatever the hell you want and let others do the same.

Me? I take the shots.
I'm older than my life expectancy anyway.
I'll chance the shot rather than be inconvenienced by Covid.
Once taken to task regarding facts, some people immediately default to personal opinion and unsubstantiated personal attacks. It seems just acknowledging valid, fact based information that contradicts what they accept and believe in is just too much for them.

The information in the OP and in this thread that I posted is valid and documented. Also, unlike Nifty here, I have first had experience on being infected with the first strain of Covid. I'll tell that story in another thread.

This is why the last sentence of Nifty's little diatribe is most telling. There are a LOT of people worldwide and nationally who had the same attitude who are no longer with us. A matter of fact, a matter of history.

You should practice Tai Chi more, TC. You seem "stressed". :)

Once taken to task regarding facts, some people immediately default to personal opinion and unsubstantiated personal attacks. It seems just acknowledging valid, fact based information that contradicts what they accept and believe in is just too much for them.

The information in the OP and in this thread that I posted is valid and documented. Also, unlike Nifty here, I have first had experience on being infected with the first strain of Covid. I'll tell that story in another thread.

This is why the last sentence of Nifty's little diatribe is most telling. There are a LOT of people worldwide and nationally who had the same attitude who are no longer with us. A matter of fact, a matter of history.
Tacky raises dodgy pedantry to a new comedic level.
It's amusing until one tires of it.

Yet literally billions of humans have had the COVID vaccine without ill effect. As I said, virtually everything we introduce into our bodies has some sort of "side effect."
The flu pandemic of 1918 killed almost 700K Americans in a population of 103M+. A quarter of Americans were infected, presumably mostly the anti-maskers who existed even then, resulting in a 2.72% death rate. There was no vaccine.

COVID can cause myocarditis. This might explain Trump's failing health after he almost died from COVID as an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker. The vaccine, as @Taichiliberal pointed out, has been shown to cause myocarditis in young males, but the numbers are small, only as high as 0.036% after a second COVID shot and double that, up to 0.065%. for those infected with COVID.

COVID death rates of those age 12-17 for unvaccinated were 0.08% and was 0% for vaccinated. Yes, zero percent. Unfortunately, as Ron White once stated, "You can't fix stupid".

Before COVID-19, the most severe pandemic in recent history was the 1918 influenza virus, often called “the Spanish Flu.” The virus infected roughly 500 million people—one-third of the world’s population—and caused 50 million deaths worldwide (double the number of deaths in World War I). In the United States, a quarter of the population caught the virus, 675,000 died, and life expectancy dropped by 12 years. With no vaccine to protect against the virus, people were urged to isolate, quarantine, practice good personal hygiene, and limit social interaction.

Jul 1, 2019   328.24 million
Jul 1, 2018   326.69 million
Jul 1, 2017   324.99 million

Yes: Although COVID-19 is primarily a respiratory or lung disease, the heart can also suffer.

Temporary or lasting damage to heart tissue can be due to several factors:

Lack of oxygen. As the virus causes inflammation and fluid to fill up the air sacs in the lungs, less oxygen can reach the bloodstream. The heart has to work harder to pump blood through the body, which can be dangerous in people with preexisting heart disease. The heart can fail from overwork, or insufficient oxygen can cause cell death and tissue damage in the heart and other organs.

Myocarditis: inflammation of the heart. The coronavirus may infect and damage the heart’s muscle tissue directly, as is possible with other viral infections, including some strains of the flu. The heart may also become damaged and inflamed indirectly by the body’s own immune system response.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), among males aged 12 to 17, about 22 to 36 per 100,000 experienced myocarditis within 21 days after receiving a second vaccine dose. The incidence of myocarditis was 50.1 to 64.9 cases per 100,000 after infection with the COVID-19 virus among males in this age group.

Back