What is the driving force of Islamic Jihad

Care you don't have to look up anything on my account, I don't pass on anything I say or read here. If I told anyone I know that I even do this, they would probably stop hanging out with me, and might even try and have me committed.

It seems like a lot of work just to prove Klatu wrong, listen, if you wait two minutes, he'll say something else that will be more easily proved wrong. Because, the guy? Pretty much always wrong. Think about it Care ;)

DArla .. kiss it where the sun dont shine .. and to make a fool out of you .. Care was disccussing Ornots list not mine. And as I told you already ... my list was C&Ped off of a Atheist website... which roped you in... :321:

You're acting like you proved something, what might that be? I dont' care where you got it from, the source of origin is the Koran. And I can get shit just as messed up from the Bible. Proving what? That all religious nuts are prone to violence and it's a bad idea to turn your back on them? Well, I already knew that. That's one of the many reasons I don't go to church. They're as liable to decide I'm a heathen and beat me to death in the name of Jesus, as they are to pilfer my wallet. I don't trust those people man, no matter what God they pray to.

So, were you interested in the graphic details of the Lot story? I can still post them. It's some juicy stuff. Then there's this one guy who gives his concubine to a couple of thugs to be raped, and then the next morning after she's brutally raped, he takes her home and cuts her into pieces. Maybe I should post that one. If everyone's done eating I mean. I wouldn't want anyone to puke when I start posting some Christian Love! Give me that old time religion baby.

Oh darla, dimwitted darla. There's a difference between violent acts in the past and commandments to do violence going forward.

That's like saying that the bible is the driving force for Xtian extremists who blow up people and institutions that they dislike.

The Sword Verses of the Koran are no more extreme than many other religion's 'holy' books.

But you know my opinion. All religious belief is mental illness and should be treated appropriately.....

"When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations … then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy."

(Deuteronomy 7:1-2)

This demonstrates that the bible justifies merciless killing. Let's ban the bible!

Murder and Slavery

The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem. So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin. The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them. They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city. They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you." So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family. Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city. He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day. The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.

When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land. The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them. The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves. The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob. In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived. The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived. Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali. As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains. The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves. (Judges 1:21-35 NLT)

The Xtian god, and thus by extension all Xtians, support slavery!!!

The bible was the inspiration and driving force behind slavery!!!!1!!!!

ROFLMAO! You religious guys crack me up....

Yes many references in the Bible supporting slavery.
Anyone wonder why the south is also known as the Bible Belt ?

I'll tell you something Klatu, I think you have a lot of nerve.

How about I go gather a bunch of violent shit from the bible that tells of graphic rape and murder and beatings, all of women?

And then say, we have a problem because obviously the men who are abusing and raping and murdering women in this country every six minutes, are doing it because the bible told them to. Or maybe I should post the story of how two daughters get their father drunk and then do him, I think it's called Lot's of incest, or something like that? And then we can blame all the child abuse that happens in this country on the bible.

I think that you religious people are the biggest hypocrites that ever were put on this earth. Truly. And I think you all would do well to worry about the big-ass planks stuck in your own eyes, before you go pointing your fingers anywhere else. Remember, there's three pointing back at you.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Go get your passages, darla. I guarantee very few of them are actual instructions on how all christians are to deal with non christians. Many of them are just reflections of the society as it was at the time.

Lets not forget the tales of King David either Darla.
Had a man killed so he gould get her wife......

Nor Abraham and his having a child by a slave, which led to the Jew/Islamic problems of the past thousansds of years up to and including the present.

Then the fact that Christ was a Jew....

Last edited:
Lets not forget the tales of King David either Darla.
Had a man killed so he gould get her wife......

Nor Abraham and his having a child by a slave, which led to the Jew/Islamic problems of the past thousansds of years up to and including the present.

Then the fact that Christ was a Jew....

Christ was, more actually, the first convert to christianity.

No his followers were, he was a Jew. A radical revoloutionary Jew, but a Jew none the less.
"No man comes to the father, but by me!"

That is not a jewish sentiment.

Also, "You must be born again!"... Many of the main precepts of the religion are not part of Judaism.

Go get your passages, darla. I guarantee very few of them are actual instructions on how all christians are to deal with non christians. Many of them are just reflections of the society as it was at the time.
The exact same statement can (and should) be made about the Qu'ran.

Neither creed really sanctions violence against non-believers. The overwhelming majority of both Christians and Muslims understand this. The problem lies in the fact that too many people here in the Western World believe that the Islamist extremists represent mainstream Islam. They do not, any more than Eric Rudolph represents mainstream Christianity.

Also, "You must be born again!"... Many of the main precepts of the religion are not part of Judaism.
A significant number of Jews would disagree with you, I think. Many Reform Jews see these principles inherent in their faith. Jesus simply articulated them differently and drew attention to them.

Umm how much of that was written by Christ ? As I said he was a radical revoloutionary Jew, his followers formed Christianity over several hundred years.

A significant number of Jews would disagree with you, I think. Many Reform Jews see these principles inherent in their faith. Jesus simply articulated them differently and drew attention to them.
The born again reference is accepting Christ as the Savior. That is not a precept of Judaism, it is unique to Christianity.

Umm how much of that was written by Christ ? As I said he was a radical revoloutionary Jew, his followers formed Christianity over several hundred years.
This would make it so one would have to pick and choose what to believe that Christ said based on some interpretation of opinion. If one believes that he was represented correctly in the Bible then those were his words.

Right and it was told by his disciples. What would you expect his followers to say ?
All of his words were. Using some of what they report to say, "He was a Jew." then rejecting the rest requires taking much of what he said out of context.

This would make it so one would have to pick and choose what to believe that Christ said based on some interpretation of opinion. If one believes that he was represented correctly in the Bible then those were his words.

Umm Didn't constantine take care of that by standardizing the bible several hundred years later. The early Christain church was very much in turmoil for hundreds of years.

The born again reference is accepting Christ as the Savior. That is not a precept of Judaism, it is unique to Christianity.
Sure, but how important is it? Many Christians don't emphasize that at all. Many Christians take it to mean that anyone who "comes to the father" -- who lives a righteous life and is therefore "saved" -- has known Jesus, whether consciously or no.

Back