whowould you npurge from JPP

Nothing huh asshole

You just wanted to ramble on about being superior to everyone here huh

Oh my GOD I can't take it anymore would you please just this one time SHUT THE FUCK UP?!?

Why are you incapable of discussing ANYTHING with ANYONE?

Mott is being perfectly reasonable with you and all you can do is berate him again and again?

Mott you have a good heart trying to help evince see the light. Maybe she will think about it and accept that you were just trying to help.
Not an April Fools post.

Yes Mott, Celtic is correct.

You are an amazing, PATIENT man just trying to help.

You don't deserve desh's ridiculous vitriol.

Oh my GOD I can't take it anymore would you please just this one time SHUT THE FUCK UP?!?

Mott is being perfectly reasonable with you and all you can do is berate him again and again?

Never thought I would see something like this but I'll give credit where credit is due.

They played a great April Fools joke here in Columbus today. The local newspaper printed a story that Ohio State lost a court battle to a small liberal arts college in Michigan who copyrighted their schools colors as "scarlet and grey" for their ice croquet team in 1875, two years before OSU was chartered, and now OSU new school colors would be "ruby and porpoise" to avoid copy right infringement.

You could hear the cries of outage from Union City, to Cayahoga Falls down to Ironton.

Best April Fools prank since they nearly burned down the Dispatch phone lines when the wrote that Griggs Resevoir, which supplies our drinking water, was contaminated with dihydrogen oxide, a chemical that has killed more people than any chemical known to man. LOL

I can confidently assure you that Grind didn't fall for either of these pranks.

Drive, drive on down the field,
men of the ruby and porpoise.
Don't let them thru that line,
we've got to win that game on purpose. LOL

Last edited:
science is the BEST information of the time.

So why is it that you have locked onto 20 year old science and ignore all the science since ?
The articles posted are typically reporting on new research. But you reject it all out of hand. If you just can't let go at least be honest about it. Mott did a nice thing for you. Get over yourself.

She is the caricature lib sheeple/lemming that gives your team a bad name.

Desh your forget that I've made not only a career but a vocation in the environmental field. One of the truly frustrating facets about this field is the staggering ignorance of the public about the environmental field. Having said that it is a science and one of the most important and humbling aspect of working in any field of science is the foundational principle that you can't ever be 100% certain about anything. You can determine a very high probability of being correct but there is always, ALWAYS, a probability that you are wrong, even if that probability is minutely small. This principle is what not only makes science self correcting but it is also what makes science such a hard discipline to master because its very nature assures that you will be wrong more often than you are right.

So anyone with a solid education in science keeps that in mind through out the progress of their work. There is nothing sadder in science than to watch a beautiful theory or hypothesis slain by an ugly fact. It happens all the time though in science.

So the fact that someone in this field, like myself, who has forgotten far, far, far more than you know always considers the rational prospect that "hey....I might be wrong.".

The most common mistake lay people have in regards to science Desh is that it is monolithic. To those of us who actually practice the discipline for a living that is hugely frustrating as nothing could be further from the truth.

Objectivity and understanding what the facts are to the best of your ability does not gaurentee one is right and understanding this isn't political partisanship. This is how science work. You have vast numbers of competing ideas but all of them are only as good as the predictions that can be tested and INDEPENDENTLY verified.

Now if this makes me a partisan lefty or rightist, as has often been claimed by partisans who disagree. So be it. That's more an indication of that persons illiteracy in science than it is indicative of my political beliefs.

I have been trying to explain that to the likes of Desh for years but she is totally incapable of understanding how science works. I know, as you do, that politics has absolutely nothing to do with scientific advancement and it can only be based on sound empirical observations not computer models. Having both a scientific and a IT background probably makes me unique on here, I find it hard to understand why other people are quite so stupid. I guess that being nasty to Desh has become a habit and an enjoyable one at times. However I sometime get the feeling that I'm no different to a cat playing with a mouse before eating it.

I have been trying to explain that to the likes of Desh for years but she is totally incapable of understanding how science works. I know, as you do, that politics has absolutely nothing to do with scientific advancement and it can only be based on sound empirical observations not computer models. Having both a scientific and a IT background probably makes me unique on here, I find it hard to understand why other people are quite so stupid. I guess that being nasty to Desh has become a habit and an enjoyable one at times. However I sometime get the feeling that I'm no different to a cat playing with a mouse before eating it.
the honest to god harsh truth is that most people don't really care. Oh they believe and trust science and the technology that it provides but they're not really that interested in it. If they were more people would study it. I think only around ten percent of college students major in natural science.

Perhaps you can address this, where is the emphericle evidence of greehouse effect via co2.

She is the caricature lib sheeple/lemming that gives your team a bad name.

There are multiple people that post here that give each side a bad name. The reality is there are millions of democrats and millions of republicans and there will be plenty of bad apples in the bunch.

But yes, it does seem that it's almost a right wing troll controlling Desh's account.

There are multiple people that post here that give each side a bad name. The reality is there are millions of democrats and millions of republicans and there will be plenty of bad apples in the bunch.

But yes, it does seem that it's almost a right wing troll controlling Desh's account.

Ive seen those sorts before, but I don't think it's the case here.

Perhaps you can address this, where is the emphericle evidence of greehouse effect via co2.
simple. It's in solution chemistry. Simple chemistry experiment, take a sample of atmospheric gases at STP using a radiant energy source to maintain temperature. Gradually increase carbon dioxide concentration, as a mole fraction, while maintaining standard pressure and molarity of the solution and observe if the temperature increases.

the honest to god harsh truth is that most people don't really care. Oh they believe and trust science and the technology that it provides but they're not really that interested in it. If they were more people would study it. I think only around ten percent of college students major in natural science.

Sad but true. It is even less, I suspect for journalists, who are for the most part incredibly malleable and naive because of their ignorance of technology.

simple. It's in solution chemistry. Simple chemistry experiment, take a sample of atmospheric gases at STP using a radiant energy source to maintain temperature. Gradually increase carbon dioxide concentration, as a mole fraction, while maintaining standard pressure and molarity of the solution and observe if the temperature increases.

You will have to explain that further as I frankly don't understand how that relates to the atmosphere.

Back