whowould you npurge from JPP

Who is mad at you Desh? Shoot you gave me a good chuckle. I think I've only ever got mad at someone once in the entire time I've been a member of JPP.

In fact you are and always will be one of my favorite JPP members. Even if it does piss off Grind for me to say that. :)

OSU fandom is for fags.

Perhaps you can address this, where is the emphericle evidence of greehouse effect via co2.

Well to be honest there isn't that much empirical evidence. The underlying science goes back to the Swedish scientist Arrhenius and his work on CO2 in the atmosphere. Arrhenius’s paper was the first to quantify the contribution of carbon dioxide to the greenhouse effect and to speculate whether variations in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide have contributed to long-term variations in climate. Throughout the paper, Arrhenius refers to carbon dioxide as “carbonic acid” in accordance with the convention at the time he was writing.

There is no doubt that CO2 has some effect and this is quantified these days by Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) which effectively defines the temperature rise (ΔT) for a doubling of CO2 concentration. The Arrhenius equation is expressed as follows:

c2a0e92291f118a8258a19b8fa58bb07.png

Where C is carbon dioxide (CO[SUB]2[/SUB]) concentration measured in parts per million by volume (ppmv); C[SUB]0[/SUB] denotes a baseline or unperturbed concentration of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] (before the Industrial Revolution), and ΔF is the radiative forcing, measured in watts per square meter. The constant alpha (α) has been assigned a value between five and seven

Last edited:
They played a great April Fools joke here in Columbus today. The local newspaper printed a story that Ohio State lost a court battle to a small liberal arts college in Michigan who copyrighted their schools colors as "scarlet and grey" for their ice croquet team in 1875, two years before OSU was chartered, and now OSU new school colors would be "ruby and porpoise" to avoid copy right infringement.

You could hear the cries of outage from Union City, to Cayahoga Falls down to Ironton.

Best April Fools prank since they nearly burned down the Dispatch phone lines when the wrote that Griggs Resevoir, which supplies our drinking water, was contaminated with dihydrogen oxide, a chemical that has killed more people than any chemical known to man. LOL

I can confidently assure you that Grind didn't fall for either of these pranks.

Drive, drive on down the field,
men of the ruby and porpoise.
Don't let them thru that line,
we've got to win that game on purpose. LOL

Dihydrogen oxide is a very, very dangerous chemical and should never be taken lightly

simple. It's in solution chemistry. Simple chemistry experiment, take a sample of atmospheric gases at STP using a radiant energy source to maintain temperature. Gradually increase carbon dioxide concentration, as a mole fraction, while maintaining standard pressure and molarity of the solution and observe if the temperature increases.

That isn't quite the same as Co2 in the free atmosphere is not trapped. 2nd law of thermodynamics tells us that the energy may only move to cooler unless it is contained.

Well to be honest there isn't that much empirical evidence. The underlying science goes back to the Swedish scientist Arrhenius and his work on CO2 in the atmosphere. Arrhenius’s paper was the first to quantify the contribution of carbon dioxide to the greenhouse effect and to speculate whether variations in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide have contributed to long-term variations in climate. Throughout the paper, Arrhenius refers to carbon dioxide as “carbonic acid” in accordance with the convention at the time he was writing. Contrary to some misunderstandings, Arrhenius does not explicitly suggest in this paper that the burning of fossil fuels will cause global warming, though it is clear that he is aware that fossil fuels are a potentially significant source of carbon dioxide, and he does explicitly suggest this outcome in later work.

Thx, I'll see if I can find that.

That isn't quite the same as Co2 in the free atmosphere is not trapped. 2nd law of thermodynamics tells us that the energy may only move to cooler unless it is contained.
nor can it be trapped in the system I described if STP and the universal gas laws are observed. To make it simple say use a 22.4 liter system with a bleed off valve for when 1atm pressure is exceeded. That, of course, would mean allowing the system to reach solution equilibrium at STP when carbon dioxide concentration is increased.

That wasn't his question. His question was on the empirical evidence of the greenhouse affect of carbon dioxide.

Yes and there is precious little to be honest, indeed there is absolutely none for all the positive feedback loops that many have used in the past to scare the bejasus out of the scientifically illiterate.

simple. It's in solution chemistry. Simple chemistry experiment, take a sample of atmospheric gases at STP using a radiant energy source to maintain temperature. Gradually increase carbon dioxide concentration, as a mole fraction, while maintaining standard pressure and molarity of the solution and observe if the temperature increases.

Doing this, in that manner, only takes into account what's happening to that small sample.
It doesn't have any way of taking into account outside sources that might have an affect; such as wind, variants in sun light, rain, etc.

It would be similar to taking a person, placing them into a prebuilt enclosure in the desert, and then saying anyone in the desert will die within a certain time period; because this also doesn't take into account the person being able to move from place to place, finding water or food, etc.

nor can it be trapped in the system I described if STP and the universal gas laws are observed. To make it simple say use a 22.4 liter system with a bleed off valve for when 1atm pressure is exceeded. That, of course, would mean allowing the system to reach solution equilibrium at STP when carbon dioxide concentration is increased.

I fail to see what Avagadro's Law has to do with CO2, do you realise that radiative forcing, due to CO2 in the atmosphere, is subject to a logarithmic effect? This is a form of the Arrhenius equation published by the IPCC where they have determined the constant α in the equation to be 5.35.

74945338ec357d4a68e5f5356f8f19a0.png

Where C is the CO[SUB]2[/SUB] concentration in parts per million by volume and C[SUB]0[/SUB] is the reference concentration.The relationship between carbon dioxide and radiative forcing is logarithmic and thus increased concentrations have a progressively smaller warming effect.

Last edited:
I fail to see what Avagadro's Law has to do with CO2, do you realise that radiative forcing, due to CO2 in the atmosphere, is subject to an logarithmic effect? This is a form of the Arrhenius equation published by the IPCC where they have determined the constant α in the equation to be 5.35.

74945338ec357d4a68e5f5356f8f19a0.png

Where C is the CO[SUB]2[/SUB] concentration in parts per million by volume and C[SUB]0[/SUB] is the reference concentration.The relationship between carbon dioxide and radiative forcing is logarithmic and thus increased concentrations have a progressively smaller warming effect.

You didn't know Mott was smarter than the rest of us? Just ask him, he'll tell you. No one else will but he will.

You didn't know Mott was smarter than the rest of us? Just ask him, he'll tell you. No one else will but he will.

Your sub par IQ is no secret here.
Were you angry when other boards banned you because of your overt racism?

Because this equation is logarithmic, the radiative forcing effect of CO2 attenuates with concentration. This can be liked to painting the glass in a greenhouse black, the first coat has a marked effect but subsequent coats have less and less.

Because this equation is logarithmic, the radiative forcing effect of CO2 attenuates with concentration. This can be liked to painting the glass in a greenhouse black, the first coat has a marked effect but subsequent coats have less and less.

It was sarcasm.

Back