Worst argument for religion that I've read, ever.

I will be very surprised if I meet any that refuse to believe God even exists.......do you seriously expect to meet some?.....

and do you recall what he said about those who refuse to believe in his son?......I didn't make the rule, I merely mentioned it.....

do you think my belief in the saving grace of Jesus Christ as the sole means of salvation to be false?.......is yours?.....

No....I think your belief in Christ has nothing to do with it....I think your treatment of others who disagree with you does.

BTW.....don't you think it kind of convenient for a newly created church, sanctioned by the Roman Empire....who were BRUTAL expansionists and tyrannical as can be....would tell the newly faithful that the only way to God is through Christ, to pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and come up with.the parable.of the talents....in which a cruel man in power who reaps where he does.not sow...is the good guy and the slave who hid the talent away for fear of losing it, is the.bad guy?...I mean, don't you think that Roman Politics and authoritarianism could have POSSIBLY influenced what went into the Bible?

I'm not saying I necessarily believe that....but I do think it's a possibility.

But if there is a heaven, I don't see how PMP gets in unless he's way different in "real life" than on this board.

its pretty straight forward....the Bible states that those who believe in Jesus Christ and accept him will be with him in eternity while those who reject him will not.......I believe and accept, the rest follows.......it has nothing to do with whether I'm the same or whether I'm different and certainly nothing to do with how you judge me......

were you unaware of this?......

why is it honorable to believe in made up stories ?

is 'there is no god' any more or less a "made up story" than 'there is a God'?.......its a choice....I've made one, you've made the other.....the difference is, I don't whine that I don't get to go to heaven with a god I refuse to believe in.......

No....I think your belief in Christ has nothing to do with it....I think your treatment of others who disagree with you does.

so you're a Christian that rejects the teachings of John 3?......I don't think I've run into that doctrine before.....what denomination is it?......

BTW.....don't you think it kind of convenient for a newly created church, sanctioned by the Roman Empire....who were BRUTAL expansionists and tyrannical as can be....would tell the newly faithful that the only way to God is through Christ, to pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and come up with.the parable.of the talents...

????....except that the entire NT was written and in place during a time when this newly created church was being fed to the lions by the Romans....what you're talking about happened hundreds of years later......sort of makes your argument suck ass doesn't it?......

so you're a Christian that rejects the teachings of John 3?......I don't think I've run into that doctrine before.....what denomination is it?......

????....except that the entire NT was written and in place during a time when this newly created church was being fed to the lions by the Romans....what you're talking about happened hundreds of years later......sort of makes your argument suck ass doesn't it?......

And was voted on at the Nicean Council....in which Emporer Constantine was the head of......

I know.....your too devout to even consider the possibility of the.politics of the day getting thrown in to the Bible. Even the Catholic Church has to backtrack and admit that Mary Magdalene was NOT a prostitute, but a valued member of Christ's circle and was probably an apostle.....but the Big Bad Church can't have a WOMAN with that kind of equality and power....so they lied. What else did they lie about?

Believe me...I have no doubt that Jesus is the son of God and is the path to my salvation. But I am not a person who thinks the Bible is infallible.....because it was MAN who wrote it and a Corrupt political Atmosphere that voted on it's content.

And was voted on at the Nicean Council....in which Emporer Constantine was the head of......

I know.....your too devout to even consider the possibility of the.politics of the day getting thrown in to the Bible. Even the Catholic Church has to backtrack and admit that Mary Magdalene was NOT a prostitute, but a valued member of Christ's circle and was probably an apostle.....but the Big Bad Church can't have a WOMAN with that kind of equality and power....so they lied. What else did they lie about?

Believe me...I have no doubt that Jesus is the son of God and is the path to my salvation. But I am not a person who thinks the Bible is infallible.....because it was MAN who wrote it and a Corrupt political Atmosphere that voted on it's content.

Christians being fed to the lions was a greatly exaggerated event, overblown by the Christians to get converts.

Christians in the first 400 years were too busy killing each other for the "truth", that the Romans didn't have to feed them to the lions.

its pretty straight forward....the Bible states that those who believe in Jesus Christ and accept him will be with him in eternity while those who reject him will not.......I believe and accept, the rest follows.......it has nothing to do with whether I'm the same or whether I'm different and certainly nothing to do with how you judge me......

were you unaware of this?......

If that helps you sleep at night, something written in a book by men who might possibly have wanted to cheat, lie, steal, rape and kill their whole lives but still get to "heaven" because they believe in "jesus christ".

If there was a heaven, I'm betting you'd be real disappointed when you realized that you read the wrong list of entry criteria.

If that helps you sleep at night, something written in a book by men who might possibly have wanted to cheat, lie, steal, rape and kill their whole lives but still get to "heaven" because they believe in "jesus christ".

If there was a heaven, I'm betting you'd be real disappointed when you realized that you read the wrong list of entry criteria.

The study of the Bible and history of the Christian religion is in its infancy because it has only been since the late 1800 that you were allowed to question the inerrancy of the books. Heracy was a death sentence.

The study of the Bible and history of the Christian religion is in its infancy because it has only been since the late 1800 that you were allowed to question the inerrancy of the books. Heracy was a death sentence.

I think of all the documents in the Vatican vault and library, if someone outside the Church was allowed to study these items...

True.....but, I believe that there are many truths in the Bible. But that truth is surrounded by lies of the Church. The Church wants to be the gateway to God....They want the power, the credit and yes, the money. God is righteous....the Church is corrupt.....and the bigger the church, the more corrupt it is.

Whether it's the Roman Catholic Church, or our Evangelical Protestants here.....they demand blind, unquestioning obedience....but if you fall short and sin.....it's OK....we'll see you on Sunday....by the time the collection plate rolls around, your sins will be absolved.

But "other people's" sins....they are different. They are lost souls that cannot be redeemed.....unless....you bring a few on Sunday to add to the coffers....then we'll consider it.

God forgives, God redeems, God saves.....mega churches are just businesses.....and that business is to make people feel even shittier than they already do.....so they can sell salvation to them.

True.....but, I believe that there are many truths in the Bible. But that truth is surrounded by lies of the Church. The Church wants to be the gateway to God....They want the power, the credit and yes, the money. God is righteous....the Church is corrupt.....and the bigger the church, the more corrupt it is.

Whether it's the Roman Catholic Church, or our Evangelical Protestants here.....they demand blind, unquestioning obedience....but if you fall short and sin.....it's OK....we'll see you on Sunday....by the time the collection plate rolls around, your sins will be absolved.

But "other people's" sins....they are different. They are lost souls that cannot be redeemed.....unless....you bring a few on Sunday to add to the coffers....then we'll consider it.

God forgives, God redeems, God saves.....mega churches are just businesses.....and that business is to make people feel even shittier than they already do.....so they can sell salvation to them.

I agree with you. There is a fragment of truth or valuable teachings in all mythos. It is just how it is used by the faithful that matters.

I agree with you. There is a fragment of truth or valuable teachings in all mythos. It is just how it is used by the faithful that matters.

Well, I don't necessarily consider it mythology. I do believe there's a Creator....I call that Creator "God". Whether he created the Universe as stated in the Bible(literally speaking...7 days and all that), I don't necessarily buy into.

I believe that Christ is divine. I believe he was put on this Earth to atone for the sins of mankind. He was the ultimate sacrifice to end.all sacrifices. I don't know about the virgin birth, I don't know about the Trinity.....I am neither accepting or rejecting.

Well, I don't necessarily consider it mythology. I do believe there's a Creator....I call that Creator "God". Whether he created the Universe as stated in the Bible(literally speaking...7 days and all that), I don't necessarily buy into.

I believe that Christ is divine. I believe he was put on this Earth to atone for the sins of mankind. He was the ultimate sacrifice to end.all sacrifices. I don't know about the virgin birth, I don't know about the Trinity.....I am neither accepting or rejecting.

n pl -thoi [-θɔɪ]
1. (Sociology) the complex of beliefs, values, attitudes, etc., characteristic of a specific group or society

and which had been in existence already for approximately 250 years prior to that......that's what, about as old as our constitution is now?......at least your consistent....you guys want to pretend that says something different now than it did 250 years ago too......

But I am not a person who thinks the Bible is infallible.....because it was MAN who wrote it and a Corrupt political Atmosphere that voted on it's content.

so when John 3 represents itself as God telling us what you have to do to be saved you figure that's just some bullshit some MAN wrote and that instead you can tell God what you need to do to be saved?.......

Christians being fed to the lions was a greatly exaggerated event, overblown by the Christians to get converts.

Christians in the first 400 years were too busy killing each other for the "truth", that the Romans didn't have to feed them to the lions.

right....they imagined all those roars and sharp teeth......

well, we'll both find out if we were wrong the day after we die......I expect though that my disappointment if I am wrong, will be less dramatic than yours if you are wrong....

lol.......yours will always remain in its infancy.....

and which had been in existence already for approximately 250 years prior to that......that's what, about as old as our constitution is now?......at least your consistent....you guys want to pretend that says something different now than it did 250 years ago too......

so when John 3 represents itself as God telling us what you have to do to be saved you figure that's just some bullshit some MAN wrote and that instead you can tell God what you need to do to be saved?.......

Where did I say I rejected John 3?

Did Constantine rule over the Nicean council in that timespan? Constantine, an admitted pagan...with a large constituency of both Pagans AND Christians, needed to unite his nation.

Once again, I don't reject ANYTHING that the Bible says. I do question though....and even Thomas Jefferson stated that even questioning the existence of God was a good thing....he said that in a private letter to his nephew.

Let me ask you something.....when you stand before God and he asks you why you supported a political agenda that embraces profiteering, the exploitation of workers, the rejection of people no better than you.....what are you going to say?

I have no issue with the way you feel....you are every bit entitled to your opinion. But just make sure your aren't believing in a false PROFIT....(word play intended)

Where did I say I rejected John 3?

post #82

John 3
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

you've just changed that to whoever treats those that disagree with him nicely is not condemned, but whoever does not treat those that disagree with him nicely stands condemned already because they have called a liberal a fucking idiot......

Last edited:
Back