George Zimmerman Rescues Family From Car Crash

No additional precedent? I beg to differ. The precedent is that a neighborhood watch personnel is allowed to go beyond the observation and reporting of suspicious activity and go looking for trouble while armed. They aren't cops on a beat. They are civilians.

No additional precedent. It was always has been legal to get out of your car and follow someone if you think they are suspicious.

Zimmerman was my age now at the time of the incident. I identify with him a lot, maybe more than most people. I imagine having large swaths of the nation against me for defending myself. I feel he was railroaded, and it is very evident the media made up lies about him (nbc) and lots of people jumped to conclusions. He never caught a break until last week.

trayvon walking shadily in the rain could have been the initiating factor. It wasn't illegal. And neither was zimmerman getting out of the car. I am not going to be results oriented about actions that aren't illegal and actions which the police themselves said they didn't have much concern about. Trayvon by all accounts was at his house before the confrontation. He could have gone inside. Instead he chose to go fight. That's on him.

And Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle. Once again, who has the responsibility for keeping a level head? An adult member of the neighborhood watch, or a kid just past his 17th birthday?

No, it wasn't illegal, just irresponsible.

a 17 year old is old enough to know not to attack someone. Bernie De la rionda has probably given 16 year old "kids" the death penalty before.

Since you're trying so hard to be impartial, could you please go out of your way and provide any presented evidence that Zimmerman was looking for trouble.
Thanks

He was looking for Martin, who he thought was trouble, was he not? What if the kid actually WAS a real gangster? What if he was armed?

That's why it's important for neighborhood watch volunteers to know their role. Not just for the sake of a kid like Martin, but for their own safety as well.

a 17 year old is old enough to know not to attack someone. Bernie De la rionda has probably given 16 year old "kids" the death penalty before.

Well, Bernie is wrong...but that's another thread. A human mind doesn't stop development until about the age of 25. Teenagers are impulsive, irrational and tend not to think about the consequences of their actions the same as adults do, and if you're honest about it, you know it.

Well, Bernie is wrong...but that's another thread. A human mind doesn't stop development until about the age of 25. Teenagers are impulsive, irrational and tend not to think about the consequences of their actions the same as adults do, and if you're honest about it, you know it.

yeah I don't buy that bullshit. I knew at 17 not to violently attack somebody.

They probably cut in front of him and he took the law in his own hands and ran them off the road. They're lucky he still doesn't have a gun.

actually, he got the gun back that he shot trayvon with. He can still carry it and everything. Man I love that.

Last edited:
actually, he got the gun back that he shot trayvon with. He can still carry it any everything. Man I love that.

No, Eric Holder stole it. Only Mexican mexicans can have guns in Holders mind. But there is a gun shop in Florida offering Zimmerman a free replacement.

Back